The single-largest source of climate pollution in the world is transport. To make the world cleaner we need to use clean vehicles. Carbon emissions and pollution from ICE (internal combustion engine) are threatening the Earth and the future of mankind. The answer to a cleaner and greener planet is electric vehicles.
Why are electric vehicles better?
EVs are better than conventional ICE vehicles due to the following reasons:
- They emit less greenhouse gases and air pollutants than conventional petrol/diesel run vehicles
- EVs have rechargeable batteries and lower the carbon footprint. With no tailpipe, there are no carbon dioxide emissions.
- The best part is you can recharge your car from the comfort of your home. Leading private players like Tata Power have come up with Tata Power EZ or EV charging stations at your homes and housing societies. The Prasad Group is a leading real estate company in India to have realised the importance of this green fuel and have joined hands with the companies providing EV charging stations in their projects.
- Electric vehicles get their energy from fossil fuels and clean renewable energy
Wide Range of Electrical Vehicles
Worried about lack of variety in electric vehicles? Well, stop worrying! From the entry level cars like Mahindra EKUV100 to the Rs. 2-crore Tesla Model X , EVs are here to spark your imagination! And if you thought that electric vehicles are not fast enough, think again! The Model X goes from 0 to 97 kmph in just 2.9 seconds! How’s that for speed!
The EV charging stations are engineered for diverse charging standards and specifications, so don’t worry if your electric vehicle is a state-of-the-art machine, the charging station will take care of it. You can charge the car with the Tata Power Mobile App. You can get information on the nearest local charging station and pay online.
Why Switch to an Electric Car?
Here are some amazing benefits of Electric Vehicles:
- Cheaper to Operate: With the escalating cost of conventional fuel and the impact on the environment, it makes sense to get an EV that runs on approximately 1/3rd the cost of conventional fuel. Check the fuel cost calculator to see how much you actually save.
- Lower Maintenance Costs: You have fewer moving parts compared to conventional fuel cars. You need less servicing, fuel injection systems, radiators and more. Plug-in hybrid vehicles are better compared to petrol run cars
- Government Incentives: EVs are exempt from paying road tax and registration fees. There are low-interest loans for commercial EVs. Some states in India have a scrappage policy where you get a purchase incentive for scrapping your old ICE (Internal Combustion Engine) and switch to an EV
- Eco-friendly: EVs cause less pollution and run on renewable energy. Some manufacturers use recycled material for making EVs. Lower emissions are good for your health as well.
- Safety Improvements: With a lower centre of gravity, EVs are less likely to roll over on impact. A strong body makes them durable as well.
Go Green with Electric Vehicles
Drive out in style and save big with electric vehicles. Choose a smart building that has electric charging stations. When are you switching to EVs?